As I’ve mentioned before, I am a dancer and love all sorts of fitness! Because of this quarantine, I haven’t been able to attend my regular dance classes each day as most of you have been experiencing. I think that one of the most important parts in my life is my dancing and physical activity for multiple reasons, all of which involve different aspects of my physical and emotional well-being.
One reason I love dance and exercising is it makes me feel good. Working out, whether it’s cardio or muscular strength or endurance, makes a person feel happy and healthy. Regular exercise can make a huge difference with your mental health and can help you to feel better than you did before. Another reason why I love to workout so much is because of the rewarding health benefits. It strengthens my muscles, my organs, and overall, my whole body. Exercising can prevent disease and sickness in many ways. Your body will thank you for doing your part to stay healthy! One more reason why fitness is the best is it gives you the opportunity to work towards something. Whether I am trying to hit a certain number of turns or trying to lower my mile time, I am constantly able to improve and work my way to great achievements. Setting goals is an important skill to have in life and learning it through exercise can be extremely beneficial.
Now that I’ve explained just SOME of the amazing things about exercising, I wanted to help you with ideas to workout at home. Here’s a list of fun stuff you can do during quarantine to get up and get moving!
- Pull out the weights and start lifting. This is a great way to strengthen muscles and feel accomplished in your day!
- Take a walk or run around the block. Many people have gone on little jaunts around their neighborhoods. It’s a great time to get out of the house without actually getting out of the house! 😉
- Search up quick and fun exercises on YouTube or other media. There’s plenty of great workouts out there!
- Get the family together for a fun game of kickball or whatever other sport you’ll have fun with! Family members can help motivate you to exercise and they can make it much more enjoyable too!
- Wake up early for a mile or two on the treadmill. I’ve noticed that I am much more motivated to work out in the morning than in the afternoon or the evening.
- Spark up a friendly competition with a friend or family member to see who can get the most steps or hours of fitness in! I love doing this to push myself farther than I normally would- I can be extremely competitive! 😀
- Get outside and play catch with a partner or two! Isn’t the warm weather the best!?
- Last, but certainly not least… try a water-balloon fight in your yard for an exciting way to get your blood pumpin’!
I hope that these ideas will getcha going and inspire you to push yourself! It’s essential that we don’t get caught up in all of the negativity of staying home and instead embrace all that we can still do! Anyways, hope y’all have lots of fun and hang in there!!